Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Glopowrimo 10

Wrote one more. On the weather, and a belief.

"In spite of that, they call this Friday good." - TS Eliot
"Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you - Crowded House"
I still remember that black blouse you wore.
I still remember how your skin shone like the sun
In the sky, the black clouds gathered
You swore
It being Good Friday, it would rain
Everytime it did
& I, child that I was, believed
Now you are gone
But still I do
Remember
& still, believe
Against all odds
That it rains
Each 'Sad' Friday, now
In your absence
& do you know, mother, it still does.
In Thiruvananthapuram
or where'er I am.
Now the raindrops fall
on my upturned face
streak it like tears
no more just for Him
but for you, too
gone to your home -
the sky is still crying -
for you are to me
what His mother was, to Him.

2 comments:

Jaya G said...

Makes real sense 💐

Marshwiggle23 said...

Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Followers