Total Pageviews

Friday, April 19, 2019

Glopowrimo 18 - Ode on the Death of a Favourite Mobile


"What female heart can gold despise
What cat's averse to fish?"
Asked Gray, in a fit of caprice
Unexpected, from one as he
But for men, we can't despise
'Gadgets', guns, bikes, and mobiles
You can add cars,comps and guitars
But mobiles are the latest craze
My golden Samsung Galaxy J 7
How snugly it fit in my palm
How many hours of gazing pleasure
Looking at its blue-black face
Till it fell down from my hand
Not once but seventy times seven
Stopped working
Visage shattered
Lies in a coma on my table
Cannot be resuscitated
Euthanasia is required
I vainly try to resurrect
Five years of my mobile life
'Who ever tried that did not fail'
Comforts me as I the corpse shake
Shed for me a few tears
For my Samsung J 7 Galaxy
While I keep on trying to
Make it work, at least rarely!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers