Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

You Have To Surrender To Me, To Conquer

The controversial sarga eight of Kumara Sambhavam by Kalidasa says of Shiva that he made love to Parvathy (Malayalam transliteration) non-stop for 25 years after getting married to her and it seemed to him like a single night in #91. This shows the power of Shakthi (Malayalam transliteration) which inspired me to write this poem. This is really a spiritual and mystical poem, with an ambiguous title that could be about Shiva- shakti, God-man, I-thou, man-woman, Ardhanareeshwara (Malayalam transliteration) etc.


I look into* the mirror

My hair is black

Thick, lustrous, soft

Wavy, long, rich 

My eyes sparkle

Stars dancing in them

My lips are a luscious cherry red

My cheek has a dimple that drives men mad

And I long  for you to, one day, be led 

To know what it means to be me

My lissome skin, what it feels like, when touched

My legs, why they tremble, when they 'ope' 

My breast, why it is tender

My third eye, why it spews fire

My nose, that is sharp and cuts like a knife

My hands, gentle, when I  hold our child

I am Shakthi

Your Other

Your piece makes my puzzle complete

We become us, where I make you melt 

And  in reciprocation, you harden

Remember how, for years

You could not leave my side 

After our wedding

Even for a moment

Each day and night 

How you spent it in longing

In the nuptial bed

When you weaken, I strengthen

You, and you straighten

I am your spine

I make you divine

Without* me, even you

Yes, even you, 

Would be 

Nothing.


*As opposed to in

*Outside (of)/Apart from


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers