Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

TSL Pandorathon May 26th Dinner-menu based poem

 TSL Pandorathon May 26th Dinner-menu based poem

The restaurant was called Nalukettu
I went there in a dream
Wonder how many would remember that old scene
The dwarapalikas were alive and dancing
And the table was set for one
As if just for me
They put before me the traditional customary plantain leaf
And brought first a pair of fish eyes
for starters, for good luck
Matsya kanyaka's or hilsa's
It could be one or the other or both
All the way from Kolkatta
It was going to be a many course meal
I could feel
Shoulder of lamb from Kerala
fried, dripping in oil
From Thiruvananthapuram
Breast of chicken
from Kottayam
The ham was from somewhere in Rajasthan
Then there was a mixed gourmet dish
Stretching halfway across the world
Camel meat from the Middle East
Smoking burnt black barbecue from New Orleans
Sirloin of cow and thighs of quail meat
A Texan delicacy
Legs of a frog for the end of the meal
from the underworld where the sirens sang and Circe lived
Then washing it down with condensed milk and tender coconut water
Stange menu in a dream
For dinner
I exaggerate not
I eat surreal nightmares
You can call me a cannibal
But it is all just sweet summer flesh
of cantaloupe and its seeds
cut in half in jest


Another poem

Death to all systems
Destruction to all structures
Music is an endless ocean
Purple rose overdose
Velvet haze fierce gaze
Only fuzz gives us the buzz
Hold your eyes
Make me ice/ace
What is life/lice?
Which suffice?


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers