Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Anti-moon poem

 I would not want a lover like the moon

Far away and probably cold not only in June
Just an eye or peering in through the window
Yellow or silver, pitted black or new
I would not want a lover like the moon
She is only a dream that makes you want to swoon
Never comes down from that distance, up there
To the earth to take off her clothes as an apsara
and dance with me to my poor tune
No, I really would not want, either, to be the moon
And be compared by poets to atrocious similes,
lies, metaphors and lunatic images
The moon is like a paper cup
She is cheese and a crescent of t/horns
Dripping blood, a vagina, a sand dune
A desert, there's a girl in it, no, that's a cosmonaut, you fool!
Must be painful to read all that and not feel like a poltroon
Roses are there and stars and the sun
Golden ladders to the night and sky
Blue of the morn
Be careful what you wish for
Be wary of the moon
I would not want to have her for a lover,
That old, capricious, woman moon.

1 comment:

Lakshmi Venkatachalam said...

A different perspective on the romantic moon. Loved the poem. And enjoyed reading it.

Blog Archive

Followers